Friday, June 27, 2008

Joshua Kaufman: Peter, my friend

I have been AFP’s attorney in the United States for over 20 years.One of the first people that I met at AFP was Peter.


I believe he was off on some assignment, in some remote corner of the world and I need an affidavit and he managed to provide it to me. Somehow, in the middle of the night, in some remote place, he found finding a notary and fax machine. He was always so reliable and resourceful.


But what I enjoyed most was just the time we spent talking about politics, family, life, movies, whatever, in between our lawyerly conversations. Peter was always witty, erudite and insightful. I also enjoyed working with him on his Duke Ellington High School project, which gave him such pleasure. I will sorely miss Peter, my client, but most of all, my friend.




-- Joshua Kaufman