Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Isabel Parenthoën: Peter was a friend.

He was one of the most respect-worthy people I've ever had the honour to meet, both as a professional and a person.
He was fully committed to whatever task he had taken on, and never let go before he had reached a solution he found acceptable. This is probably the biggest lesson I have learned from him, and in this regard I consider him as a mentor: nevermind the setbacks, nevermind the struggle, one should stick to one's priorities. Each of us has to ability and the strength to influence a whole system, using both dedication and humility.

It took me time - and the maturity that comes with it - to fully understand that patience can bring you wherever you want to go. He was telling me this, him of all people, the most impatient man I knew when it came to getting the best out of you !

Peter was also very much in love: with life in general, with his family in particular. He trusted life. Totally.
He considered himself lucky in all regards and was always very thankful for being alive. Another lesson I will cherish.
Peter gave so much - just by being himself.
Isabel Parenthoën